FAU Excellence in eLearning Awards – Criteria
This event celebrates the outstanding Florida Atlantic University faculty and administrators dedicated to innovation, student success, and faculty development in online education. The FAU Excellence in eLearning Awards have raised awareness of the FAU eLearning Community of Practice since 2016.
- FAU faculty and administrators may self-nominate, or nominate other FAU faculty members.
- FAU Center for Online and Continuing Education (COCE) staff may not nominate or provide any service that might give unfair advantage to any nominee. We love all of our eFaculty, so we remain impartial throughout this process.
- Nominees may only participate in one category per year.
- Previous eLearning Award winners may participate in a new category each year.
Nomination & Application processes:
- Nominate a colleague or yourself.
- The deadline for nominations is Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 11:59 pm Eastern Time.
- FAU COCE will invite each nominee into a Canvas course, designed for the relevant award category.
- Nominees will submit all items via “assignment” pages in the Canvas course. Instructions, guidelines for success, Help resources, and rubrics are attached to each assignment page.
- Canvas will automatically issue a 2020 FAU Excellence in eLearning Awards Nominee digital badge to each participant via Badgr, when all items have been submitted via the Canvas course.
- All nominee packet items must be submitted via the appropriate Canvas pages by Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 11:59 pm Eastern Time. The Canvas pages will close automatically at that time. Late submissions will not be possible.
- Only completed packets will be eligible for the 2020 FAU Excellence in eLearning Awards.
- 2020 FAU Excellence in eLearning Awards Committee members will evaluate the items submitted in each category.
- Barring any unforeseen circumstances, the Committee members will select winners by Friday, March 27, 2020.
- The Center for Online and Continuing Education will share the results with winners and nominees via email as soon as possible, once the decision is made.
- Awards will be presented at the 2020 FAU Teaching with Technology Showcase.
- Highly qualified members of the Florida Higher Education eLearning Community of Practice
- Committee members may not include:
- Employees of the FAU Center for Online and Continuing Education.
- Anyone who writes a Letter of Support for a nominee may not participate in the applicable category as a committee member.
- A current nominee may not participate in the applicable category as a committee member.
For clarification or assistance, please contact the 2020 eLearning Awards Coordinator, Kathy Taliau email@example.com.