Respondus Monitor is a companion product for LockDown Browser that enables institutions to protect the integrity of non-proctored, online exams. Students use their own computer and a webcam to record assessment sessions, all without leaving Canvas. Below are great resources to assist you in implementing online proctoring in your class.
How It Works
- Students start LockDown Browser, log into the LMS and complete a brief startup sequence prior to the exam
- The student and the surrounding environment are recorded during the entire exam
- Instructors can quickly review details of the assessment, and even watch the recorded video.
General Resources About The Respondus Monitor Product
- Main Resource Page
- Overview Video (about 3 minutes)
- Instructor Quick Start Guide for using LockDown Browser and Monitor for Exams (Canvas by Instructure)
- Student Quick Start Guide for using LockDown Browser and Monitor for Exams (Canvas by Instructure)
- Computer System Requirements (we already have the Canvas LTI installed as well as a campus license for LockDown Browser)
- Language for your Syllabus and Best Practices for Respondus Monitor (Copy and paste the language from this page for your syllabus)
Resources for Using Respondus Lockdown Browser
Respondus lockdown link in the Canvas LMS menu
Respondus lockdown download information example