Now that the hurricane has passed, the Center for eLearning has suggestions to reduce anxiety and stress of the online students.
- Be aware that online students may be displaced and/or without access to power or the internet
- Encourage students who have access to check-in
- Reassure the students that you are aware of the power outages and potentially stressful situations
- Put together a communication plan to message changes in due dates
- Use announcement tools for overall class messages
- Use a Q & A discussion board to promote consistent messaging and answer the question on time
- Be flexible about group participation
- Communicate daily about updates
The Center for eLearning is here to support you!