- FAU is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- FAU Soars through SACS Review
- The Baccalaureate, master’s and doctor of nursing practice degree programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- FAU Catalog Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing
- The College of Business is accredited member of the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- The accreditation is located at the bottom of the Business home page.
- The College of Education is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation and has Florida Department of Education approved programs.
- For more information,
- College of Education Accreditation
- The Baccalaureate degree programs in civil, computer, electrical, geomatics, and mechanical and ocean Engineering are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of Accreditation Board Engineering and Technology (ABET). The baccalaureate program in Computer Science is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) of ABET.
- For more information about the accreditation process visit Improvement and Assessment
FAU’s application to the National Council of State Authorization and Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) is currently under review. FAU anticipates acceptance into NC-SARA before Spring semester of 2018. Membership in NC-SARA authorizes FAU to provide distance learning coursework and degree programs in all states except for nursing degrees in Massachusetts.
FAU has developed procedures for purposes of responding to and resolving grievances. Complaints regarding student grades or student conduct violations are governed by institutional regulations and policies.
Distance Education students, who have completed the internal institutional grievance process and the applicable state grievance process.
FAU has developed procedures for purposes of responding to and resolving grievances. Complaints regarding student grades or student conduct violations are governed by institutional regulations and policies, which include the following:
- FAU Regulation 4.002 – Student Academic Grievance Procedures for Grade Reviews
- FAU Regulation 4.001 – Code of Academic Integrity
- FAU Regulation 4.007 – Student Code of Conduct
- FAU policies and procedures related to the prohibition of unlawful discrimination or harassment include the following:
- Additionally, the FAU Office of the Ombuds works to solve problems, to allay frustration, and to advise those requesting help, either before or after existing processes are used. Information is available at the University Ombuds site. Additional information on academic policies and regulations is available in the University Catalog and can be accessed at University Regulations and Policies.
Students who have a complaint about their educational experience at FAU that is not resolved through internal University procedures may contact the following agencies for assistance:
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
Commission on Colleges
1866 Southern Lane
Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097
- State University System of Florida
Board of Governors
325 West Gaines Street, Suite 1614
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0400
- Office for Civil Rights – Atlanta Office
S. Department of Education
61 Forsyth Street S.W., Suite 19T10
Atlanta, Georgia 30303-8927
Fax: 404-974-9471; TDD: 877-521-2172
FAU students residing outside the State of Florida who desire to resolve a grievance are encouraged to follow the University’s Student Grievance Process. If an issue cannot be resolved internally, a complaint may be filed with the State of Florida University System, FAU’s accrediting agency, FAU’s accreditation agency, or the appropriate state agency for handling complaints in a student’s state.
For a specific list of states, please visit the Student Complaint Contact – State Agency page.