Overview | Quality Matters Information | Careers
Completion of this concentration prepares students to function in new and innovative ways as nurse educators. Students choosing the Nurse Educator focus will be able to:
• Design methods of teaching, learning and evaluation for nursing education in the classroom, online, and nursing practice/clinical settings.
• Analyze and develop plans of study in nursing based on appropriate curricular principles.
• Integrate caring as a theoretical model into an educational framework.
• Apply the role of nurse educator, demonstrating successful instructional methods in the classroom, online, and nursing practice/clinical settings.
• Develop a direct care focus of nursing practice.
The Nurse Educator concentration requires a minimum of 39 credit hours. Full and part-time programs of study are available for fall and spring entry.
At the completion of the program graduates are eligible to sit for the National League for Nursing’s Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) exam.
HigherEd. QM is a nationally recognized, faculty-centered, peer review process designed to certify the quality of online course design and online components.
Some sections of this program’s courses have been reviewed and nationally recognized by Quality Matters as meeting the standards for best practices in online course design and delivery. If a course section has been certified, it will bear the Quality Matters seal.
In order to see if a particular section is QM certified, please click on the links below:
- Clinical Nursing Instructors teaching nursing students
- Staff Development Instructors
- Clinical Nurse Educators teaching nurses in practice settings
We're here to support youWe understand that there is more involved to being a student than just completing a class. The Center for eLearning at Florida Atlantic University offers a full range of support services to help our students be successful, such as online tutoring, career services, library services and disability access.
|* cost per credit and total cost are calculated using tuition per credit and associated fees for the current academic year. It does not include course materials, textbook expenses, and other potential expenses related to individual courses. See academic calendar for our quarter term schedule.|
|More Information About this Program|
|Contact email address: email@example.com Visit this department’s home page for more information about this online program.|
|Ready to apply?|