Should I invest my time and money to obtain a degree online in nursing or computer science? Will it make a difference in my salary and prospects? The answer is yes! Getting a bachelor’s degree is a good investment and puts you ahead of the game when it comes to applying for a job, especially with many companies requiring a degree. Taking classes online from a top-ranked institution like Florida Atlantic University provides flexibility and convenience: you can take classes wherever there is an internet connection and you work and go to school at the same time.
An associate’s degree is the first step along the career path for many students, and a bachelor’s degree can lead to accelerated career growth and a higher paycheck. So don’t stop at an associate’s degree! Applied to a career like nursing, the benefits of a bachelor’s of Science in Nursing (BSN) can mean an $8000 difference in annual salary, with a median salary of $69,697. According to the American Association of Colleges of Nursing, the Institute of Medicine and Nurse Journal:
- A bachelor’s degree might be required for nurses by 2020
- The need for educated nurses is increasing
- Studies show that patients in the care of nurses with a BSN have better outcomes, including lower rates of mortality.
PayScale.com states that there a few important differences between earning your Bachelors of Computer Science and an associate’s degree, including:
- You are more likely to find higher-level and higher-paying positions
- Workers with a bachelor’s degree in computer science with less than one year of experience made a median salary of $58,958 as of 2016.
Pursuing a bachelor’s degree will make you an educated and well-rounded person with the necessary skills to succeed in either field. Expand your employment options and follow a different career path.
For information about FAU’s online classes, visit http://fauelearning.com/fauonline.