Need Online Assistance?
Contact Us: 1-855-903-8575 (Toll Free)
Many FAU courses make use of interactive online learning tools. At FAU, the most commonly used are MyFAU Course Tools, and Blackboard. You should check with your instructor to find out if he or she plans to use any of these tools.
- MyFAU (myfau.fau.edu) has a course tools channel that provides access to basic communication and file sharing tools.All students enrolled in a course automatically have access to the channel and should see their course listed. If you have problems logging into MyFAU or if your courses are not listed, please contact the Help Desk.
- Blackboard (blackboard.fau.edu) is an interactive, online learning tool which provides communication tools similar to those in MyFAU but also allows you to view course content (files, video Powerpoint slides), take tests, participate in online discussions with fellow students and more. Some courses are taught entirely online, but many more make use of Blackboard to augment classroom time. Click here for Blackboard browser recommendations and other tips.
- Canvas (fau.edu/canvas) is FAU’s new online learning system. At the recommendation of the Learning Management System (LMS) Evaluation Committee, FAU will be joining other Florida state universities in adopting Canvas by Instructure as our new LMS. Compared to Blackboard 9.1, Canvas offers a friendlier user interface and a better mobile experience.
- FAU Mobile (www.fau.edu/mobile/) gives you access to the latest information about Florida Atlantic University anytime and anywhere. It provides instant access to the campus directory, maps, and news, as well as FAU Owls sports, library catalogs, class schedules, and more!
- Office of Information Technology (OIT) FAU provides technology support in several ways. Many academic colleges have IT staff to serve the college’s specific IT needs and support. For those departments without their own IT staff, OIT has technicians who perform desktop computer installations, troubleshooting, printer setup and troubleshooting, and configuration of mobile devices, among other computer-related issues. OIT provides centralized support via an outsourced 24×7 help desk available via phone, chat, and online ticket system. OIT also provides walk-in support on all the campuses. Self-help is available on the OIT home page and/or the online knowledge base. Online Ticketing System and Knowledge Base http://helpdesk.fau.edu