Overview | Quality Matters Information | Careers
The Teacher Leadership Certificate (TLC) is a 15-credit professional development program designed to provide the essential tools teachers need to become highly effective leaders of grade and school level teams. This innovative program fosters leadership development through an interactive set of experiences that include sound theoretical and “best practice” knowledge, problem-based coursework, and field-based experiences.
The Teacher Leadership Certificate program (TLC) is a joint endeavor of the Department of Educational Leadership & Research Methodology and the Department of Curriculum, Culture, and Educational Inquiry, College of Education, Florida Atlantic University, designed to develop a new generation of leaders within the teaching profession. With a shared vision of teacher leadership advancing the profession, the TLC’s goals are to:
- Activate teachers as leaders for students and the profession as a result of their participation in this process;
- Build networks of teachers equipped with the knowledge and skills to mobilize, advocate, and lead around issues concerning 21st-century student learning, as well as the profession, and education policy;
- Develop teacher leadership as an integral factor in teachers’ professional development;
- Define foundational competencies within three key pathways of teacher leadership: instructional, policy, and association leadership;
- Develop relevant experiences and supports to help teachers cultivate those competencies; and
- Provide support for teacher-designed leadership plans that address student learning within one key leadership pathway, followed by the demonstration of these plans’ progress and results.
HigherEd. QM is a nationally recognized, faculty-centered, peer review process designed to certify the quality of online course design and online components.
Some sections of this program’s courses have been reviewed and nationally recognized by Quality Matters as meeting the standards for best practices in online course design and delivery. If a course section has been certified, it will bear the Quality Matters seal.
In order to see if a particular section is QM certified, please click on the links below:
- Leading school-based teams and committees (Grade level, Professional Learning Communities (PLCs), School Advisory Committee (SAC), etc.)
- Curriculum specialist
- Coaching of teams
- Leading student organizations
- Classroom teacher
- Department Chair
- Professional Development specialist
We're here to support youWe understand that there is more involved to being a student than just completing a class. The Center for eLearning at Florida Atlantic University offers a full range of support services to help our students be successful, such as online tutoring, career services, library services and disability access.
|* cost per credit and total cost are calculated using tuition per credit and associated fees for the current academic year. It does not include course materials, textbook expenses, and other potential expenses related to individual courses. See academic calendar for our quarter term schedule.|
|More Information About this Program|
|Contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Visit this department’s home page for more information about this online program.|
|Ready to apply?|
|Download the brochure|