FAU has agreements with various vendors to provide discounted licenses for FAU students. For Microsoft products please visit the Office of Information Technology (OIT) for more information. OIT has also partnered with JourneyEd.com to provide our students with discounts on software and hardware. Some colleges may provide software based on your major that are required for your courses. Please contact your college for a list of software available to you.
Need assistance in locating distance learning courses using the new course search tools? Check out this video.
Register for courses:
- Log into MyFAU
- If you do not know what your MyFAU account FAUNet ID and/or password is please go to the following site to activate your account: https://accounts.fau.edu/SelfService/registration.
- Click on FAU Self Service
- Check for registration holds
- Under the Student Services tab, click on View Holds
- Here is a list of the Holds code and their department’s contact information
- Proceed to register if all holds have been cleared
- Click on Student Services tab and then on Registration
- Click on Add or Drop Classes
- Select the appropriate registration term.
- You will be presented with the Add Classes Worksheet page. If you know the CRN (available on the Departmental Course Schedule) for the classes you want, enter the CRN here and then click the Submit Changes button to add the class.
- If you don’t know the CRN, use the Class Search button to find them. When you get the list of classes, there will be a small box to the left of classes that are available for adding. You can click in the box to select it, and then, at the bottom of the page, click the Register
- To print out your course schedule, click on Return to Menu in the top right and then click on the My Schedule link from the “Registration” menu.
Transfer students with 30 or more credits and Second Bachelor’s students do not complete OARS. You will be advised through the college of your intended major. Also, you will meet with an advisor at Orientation.
First-year students with 60 or more credits will also complete OARS but may also be advised through the college of their intended major. Attendance at Freshman Orientation is required. Please contact University Advising Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions about the completion of your Intellectual Foundations Program (IFP).
Flight Plans by majors are also available.
Major KnOWLedge = https://fau.kuder.com/landing-page
Students will need to register with SAS. You must be an accepted student at FAU which then allows you to log into SAS register for services using your FAU Net ID and password to complete the online Application for Academic Accommodation, and click submit at the bottom when complete.
Application for Academic Accommodation = https://clockwork.fau.edu/ClockWork/user/intake/login.aspx
Security is one of those things that we all hear about and think is a good thing, but then we tend to let someone else worry about it. Although FAU has taken many steps to make its data and network secure, you need to be aware that what you do can put yourself, or at least your computer, at risk. A little bit of forethought on your part can go a very long way.
- Never give out personal information (Social Security number, birthday, driver’s license, any account number or password, etc.) to anyone who asks for it online, especially via e-mail. It is very easy for people to send e-mail that appears to be from a bank or other institution as a means of getting sensitive information. This kind of activity is called phishing. (**Note**FAU offices will never send you an email asking you to verify your personal information (ID, Password, Z-number, etc. )
- Never put your personal information, even your birthday, on any online site, such as Facebook or MySpace.
- Never give your passwords to anyone or allow someone to log onto your account.
- Never write your password and leave it in a place where someone will find it (such as taped to the bottom of your keyboard, computer, or monitor).
- Use anti-virus software to protect your computer from viruses and other harmful programs (known as malware).
- Use pop-up blockers in your web browser to help protect your computer from spyware (but be sure to allow pop-ups from the FAU domain since MyFAU and Blackboard both use them).
- Social Networking Tips – Social networking sites such as Facebook, MySpace, Twitter and LinkedIn have become extremely popular in recent years, both with kids and adults. They’re a great way to keep family and friends updated on your life, but you should be wary about how much personal information you post. Follow these tips to enjoy your social networking sites safely (College Xpress).
- Cyber Security Tips – Check out the latest in Cyber Security tips to be Smart and Secure Online.
- State of the Network
- Blocking Pop-Ups
- Safe Computing
- Virtual Private Network (VPN)
Distance Learning Student – Owl Card Application: This form is ONLY for those students enrolled in online classes and are not able to come to campus to have their OWL CARD issued.
Sign up! (https://canvas.fau.edu/enroll/LTF9P3)
This semester TAs are available to help you through online lab sessions.Open the attached document with instructions for students on accessing WebEx for TA sessions.Sign up for the Online Lab help at: https://canvas.fau.edu/enroll/LTF9P3
At scheduled times, students can join a WebEx session to get one-on-one help with programming related questions.
TAs will use audio conference and students can share their screen in breakout rooms to describe their problems.
- graduate students
- visiting scholars
The center’s consultants are informed and sensitive readers who help writers become more reflective readers and more self-sufficient crafters of their written work. Consultants help students at any point in the writing process (i.e., brainstorming, drafting, revising) and with papers for courses, senior or master theses, dissertations, job applications, applications for graduate school, articles for publication, grant proposals and other documents.
Contact: Patrick Dempsey, eLearning Success Coordinator email@example.com 561-297-3590 for other assistance.
Taking a difficult class? Check out the eTutoring schedule for live online and recorded tutoring sessions to improve your grades!
If you are logged into Canvas, click on the Help icon at the bottom left corner, under the global menu. You will be able to chat with a Canvas representative by clicking on “Chat with Canvas Support” or you can choose to “Report a Problem,” which will submit a ticket to Canvas Support.
Additional information about the different online proctoring tools used at FAU:
Using Citation Machine is a great way to generate your citations in MLA, APA, Chicago, Turabian, and thousands more!
APA Style CENTRAL is a revolutionary new institutional learning, writing, research, and publishing solution.
Document your sources in scholarly writing with the MLA style system.
Create Your Library Experience
The FAU Library can help you …
- Find the right scholarly sources
- Borrow materials from other libraries
- Advance your research
The library puts a high priority to support online students. Below are great resources that will assist you in navigating the library from where you are.
Go mobile with library app! Search the catalog and our eResources.
Research, Collaborate and Create at FAU’s Wimberly Library
There’s A LOT going on at FAU and the Division of Student Affairs offers a great way to keep track of all the excitement. Visit a comprehensive list of FAU social sites employed by the various departments within FAU.
Smoking Cessations (Groups available around the state)
Think you need to talk with someone? The Counseling and Psychological Services are here for you. Call the CAPS Crisis Line at 561-297-3540
What a great way to learn the ropes at FAU online or to demonstrate your leadership. During your academic career at FAU, you can do both! Make an OWL Connection!
Take your first step towards your future.
Florida Atlantic University’s Center for eLearning is committed to student success and has developed a variety of resources to support you in every step of your online educational journey. On this student support portal, you will find more information on the different areas of FAU’s online student support.